I adore watching Christmas movies and I always look forward to December 1st so I can start watching them! I thought I would share with you which are my must watch every year hopefully some of them you agree with.
Here is my Christmas movie list some are obvious and certain ones I am going to explain why I love it so much.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – I watch this every year and cry from beginning to end; it also reminds me of my Mam as it is her favourite film. When I watched it this year it hit home more than normal as I was actually feeling like I didn’t want to be alive anymore so it reminded me that it isn’t just my families lives that I have affected but others in the wider space of my life. Besides who doesn’t like the idea of “Every time a bells rings an angel gets their wings”? Maybe except my Dad and 00Steve; it is also why I have bells on my Christmas tree.
- Die Hard – needs to be on EVERY Christmas movie list
- White Christmas
- Santa Clause
- A Muppets Christmas Carol – This is my second favourite Christmas film after It’s a Wonderful Life and I watch it with 00Steve every year and now with the kids. Yes 00Steve and I sing along to it. I think this was one of the few films my Dad enjoyed watching when we were little.
- Batman Returns – I am a DC girl and this trilogy are my personal favourite Batman films; probably because I was a kid when I watched them
- Christmas with the Kranks
- The Grinch – I remember my Mam taking us to see this in the cinema when it came out and who doesn’t love Jim Carrey?
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Holiday
- Home Alone 1 – It isn’t Christmas without them is it?
- Home Alone 2
- Four Christmases
- Bad Santa
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
- A Miracle on 34th Street
- Jingle All The Way – Arnie films always make me happy but this one is so damn cheesy it is perfect!
- Deck the Halls
- Scrooged – Who the hell doesn’t love Scrooged? It is my brother’s favourite Christmas film and I just love it besides it’s one of the best Christmas Carol adaptations going except the muppets one of course.
- Edward Scissorhands
- A Christmas Carol
- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
- The Snowman
I also have to say I really enjoy watching the Hallmark movies too even though they are lame as anything! What are your favourite Christmas movies or do you sit there and say “Bah humbug” when they are on? If you missed the third day of blogmas please click here.