So for the first time since having my ileostomy I decided to finally try the support wear range from Vanilla Blush. Don’t get me wrong I still like my Comfizz garments but I wanted to see what else is out there and my next trusted port of call was Vanilla Blush.
I decided to use my NHS garment prescription this year on both my usual knickers from Vanilla Blush and I thought it was only fair to try the support wear too.
- the vest and boxers come up nice and high which stopped fat bulging over the top; which is always a worry for me
- it has a thin silicone strip along the top edge to help keep it in place
- they were comfortable to wear
- the material was soft
- the boxers leg length was far too long – I am 5ft 10 and have rather long legs so I wonder what they are like on shorter people!
- I was surprised to find that the brief and boxers didn’t have the signature pocket – there could be a reason for that though
I like the fact that there are different companies out there and we can all find something out there that will work for us. I did think that it smoothed out a bit of my silhouette; shame nothing will make my stomach look flat! However I guess wearing the support wear whilst exercising might be the actual way forward with that.