As promised here are some of the meals I’ve been eating. Some have foods on the so called not allowed list but I’m eating with caution (except the quinoa I ate way more of that than I should in one go at least as I don’t digest that very well. So in future small amounts of that for me! Especially when they caused a bit of a leak due to pancaking – pancaking is where the output doesn’t fall down into the bag but stays around the stoma.
I really like food and have been trying really hard to find ways of incorporating my favourite things to eat to be stoma friendly meals.
Starting top left:
● ham tortellini in a homemade veg sauce
● chorizo and quinoa enchiladas
● bacon, egg and toast
● bacon, black pudding and scrambled egg with cheese sandwich
● jacket potato (no skin) mixed with ham, cheese and roasted peppers
● chicken, chorizo and mozzarella with quinoa
● hunters chicken with sweet potato fries
In this from top left:
● Mexican pizza (bolognese, peppers, jalapeño, stuffed crust)
● cheese omlette
● sweet potato and chickpea curry with rice and homemade naan
● potato and chorizo hash with peppers and asparagus
● peanut chicken stir fry
If anyone wants any of the recipes I’ve cooked so far just drop a comment and I will post the recipe. The curry was particularly good! I can say that as long as you either wait the 6 weeks or you do similar to me and introduce slowly (ie one or two new items a meal) you will get through this!
I want to be able to eat vegetables and foods similar if not the same as before surgery, partly due to laziness as I know what I like to eat but I don’t want the ileostomy to control my life when it comes to eating out or going to friends houses for meals.