So Natalie and I have kind of felt a bit lost at sea recently and I challenged us both to answer 26 questions to “get to know ourselves better” that I found on pinterest. I thought it might be interesting for those of you who want to get to know me better to read my answers, I have included personal and blog related answers.
So here are the questions!
- What are your strengths? Empathetic, good with written words, good friend, good mum, good cook.
- What are my short term and long term goals? S.T. – hit 1,500 views a month consistently, get 100 email subscribers. L.T. – become self sufficient with my blog as a main income, have one sponsored post a month.
- Who matters to me the most? 00Steve, Ra-Ra and Button.
- What am I ashamed of the most? Getting frustrated with my children.
- What do I like to do for fun? Bubble baths, walk in the woods, cook, read and listen to music.
- What new activities am I interested in or am I willing to try? Salsa dancing, metal stamping and making fresh pasta.
- What am I worried about? “Support” from social services.
- What are my values? What do I believe in? Smiling at/complimenting strangers as you never know what people are going through, treating others as I would want to be treated and respect is earned not given.
- If I could have one wish what would it be? Those I care about be financially stable and not in debt so they could live their lives without that stress.
- Where do I feel the safest? With 00Steve.
- What or who gives you comfort? Being under a blanket, I’m pretty much always under one!
- If I wasn’t afraid I would? Hold a Tarantula.
- What is my proudest achievement? Completing Total Warrior; I had only been out of hospital for 2 weeks!
- What is my biggest failure? Not working hard enough in sixth form the first time around because the second I was kicked out due to poor attendance from illness.
- Am I a night owl or an early bird? Night owl
- What do I like about my job and what do I dislike? I love that it is rewarding, I dislike the fact the government works against the people who actually need help.
- What does my inner critic tell me? That I’m fat and useless.
- What do I do to show myself compassion and self care? I put make up on for me not others, have bubble baths and use face masks.
- Am I an introvert or an extrovert? 00Steve says I’m an extrovert but I like to think of myself as an introverted extrovert!
- What am I passionate about? Patients having as much knowledge from others experiences alongside medical fact to form a well rounded opinion on their treatment/surgery.
- What is my happiest memory? Flying a plane and hearing teesside airport saying we didn’t have authorisation to fly over, we were trying to escape to the sea!
- What do my dreams tell me? That I am a boring weirdo!
- What is my favourite book, movie, band, food, colour and animal? Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguru, Labyrinth, The Creepshow, cheese, green and I can’t pick between Pandas and Polar Bears.
- What am I grateful for? 00Steve, our kids, my friends, my family and being given a “third chance” at life since having my ileostomy.
- When I’m down I? Listen to music – my happy song is “Walk of Life” by Dire Straits.
- When I’m stressed I? I rub my feet together.
So those are a honest answers to some really annoying questions, but I think that if you “know” yourself you are able to support others better or know when you need to be supported.